To create a better future for the people of Tamil Nadu.
Adithya Group has performed laudably for over a decade. It began with a primary focus on granite mining with emphasis on exporting value-added products derived from granite mining, but has diversified into import and export of chemicals, real estate ventures, funding educational institutions, conducting personality development programs for young generation, and focusing on Indo-korean tourism. Adithya Group’s mission is to deliver top-quality products that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
About The Chairman
Adithya Group was founded by our esteemed Chairman, A. N. Dyaneswaran, IAS, Former Principal Secretary to the Government of Tamil Nadu. Under his able and dynamic leadership, Adithya Group has evolved into a multifaceted company.
Mr. A. N. Dyaneswaran is well-known in India’s granite industry as having paved the way for progress in the granite industry of Tamil Nadu. Under his leadership, Tamil Nadu Minerals (TAMIN) became fully owned by the Government of Tamil Nadu. As a superior public-sector company, it was widely acclaimed at the world-famous Stone Fair in Carrara, Italy. The company grew by leaps and bounds, bypassing traditional leading granite companies to reach the Rs.100 Crore mark as early as 1996.
A. N. Dyaneswaran’s commitment to success is a result of his extensive sports background. He was Vice-Captain of the Men’s Indian National Basketball Team that won the 1967 Asian Basketball Championship in Seoul, Korea. He is presently Chairman of the Tamil Nadu Basketball Association, and he was the inspiration and architect behind the Dr. J. Jayaalalithaa multi-purpose indoor basketball stadium in Chennai.
Mr. A. N. Dyaneswaran I.A.S®
Former Principal Secretary Govt of Tamilnadu
As Special Officer in the Chennai Zone, Mr. Dyaneswaran
- Led the way for the creation of the famous Ennore Beach Road.
- Connected all the world-famous heritage centers at Kanchipuram.
- Restored 60 bodies of water at Tambram, Chennai.
As Senior Regional Manager of the Civil Supplies Corporation, Mr. Dyaneswaran achieved the following:
- First export of rice from the Tanjore District of Tamil Nadu.
- Creation of 1,000 Fair Trade Shops, a pioneering effort that was later introduced throughout Tamil Nadu.
- Direct Paddy Purchase Centers to help farmers in Tanjore.
As Collector in Erode District, Mr. Dyaneswaran contributed to modernizing the city of Erode through the creation of:
- 10-story office complex housing the Collector’s Office, Police Headquarters, Court Complex, and other departmental offices.
- Housing complex for government employees.
- Sports complex housing a modern sports stadium at Chidambaranar Park.
- New arterial road system with fountains and statues that beautify the city.
- Exploring ancient sites that have led to knowledge and appreciation of the Kongu Civilization.
As Managing Director of SIPCOT (State Industry Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu), A. N. Dyaneswaran has:
- Created industrial estates in various districts.
- Encouraged first-generation entrepreneurs.
- Introduced international industrial exhibitions.
As Member Secretary of the Sports Development Corporation of the Government of Tamil Nadu, A. N. Dyaneswaran has:
- Created proper sports development has led the way by posting coaches for major games throughout the state.
- Developed infrastructure, modern stadia, indoor facilities, swimming pools and sports hostels.
As Chairman of TAMIN (Tamil Nadu Minerals, Ltd.), A. N. Dyaneswaran:
- Introduced mineral policies
- Launched mining in government lands
- Enhanced production of granite, quartz, feldspar, vermiculite, and white clay
- Created automated tile and slab factories
- Created a graphite beneficiation plant, the first of its kind in India.
- Explored molybdenum and platinum.
In the field of sports, Mr. Dyaneswaran:
- Served as Chairman of the Tamil Nadu Basketball Association for 30 years.
- Constructed the Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Indoor Basketball Sports Complex.
- Served as a member of the organizing committee and one of the chief architects for the South Asian Federation (SAF) Games in Chennai in 1995.
- Pioneered in bringing internationally renowned basketball coaches and promoters to Tamil Nadu from the USA, Australia, Malaysia, and Philippines to coach talented youth.
- Contributed tirelessly to the game of basketball and its popularity. Under his leadership, the world-famous Harlem Globe Trotters labeled Chennai, “The Mecca of Basketball” in India.
- Under his admirable leadership, the Tamil Nadu men and women, and boys and girls won numerous national championships. The crowning achievement was the Tamil Nadu Men’s Team winning the National Championship for a record-setting five years running.
As a basketball player, Dyaneswaran served as:
- Vice-Captain of the Indian National Basketball Team that participated in the Asian Basketball Championship in Seoul, Korea in 1967.
- Captain of the Tamil Nadu Men’s Basketball Team
- Captain of the Annamalai University Men’s Basketball Team